Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Now Is Now The Past

So in case you are wondering how to take pictures that look like they were taken in the year 1900, well you need to get a really old camera. For example my brother-in-law gave me a Yashica-Mat which is a twin lense and it's from 1957. Ok, so the camera doesn't have to be THAT old but it still gives the desired effect. I will be honest though, it's WAY different from any camera I've ever used. The display screen shows everything backwards so it's hard level everything by hand, it's all manual, there's no flash, but you get to control the shutter speed, you don't have to wait for the camera to take the picture, and it looks pretty darn awesome. (And ladies it's a great conversation starter...if ya know what I mean.)



This is one of the firsts I took and it's REALLY out of focus. LOL!




This one I love even though it's really out of focus but there is just something so beautiful about it.




This is the last photo I took with the Yashica-Mat, as you can tell I mostly figured out the focus.

I love the feel this photograph gives.



And this is what happens when you let the store clerk load your film and then he accidentally takes the first picture...of the ceiling. haha!



This has only been my first roll of film and I'm hooked. Having to think about every single detail, the composition, focus, and light is going to make me a much better photographer. The challenges this camera will bring are going to be much needed blessings. : )

2 comments:

  1. you have an amazing blog!

    please check out mine?


    www.electricbrandon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cool. And you're right, thinking out the process will make you a much better photographer! You've inspired me to use some of the old film I've got hanging around.. now to find an old camera.. ;)

    ReplyDelete